Medicare, Medi-Cal and most private insurance plans cover the cost of hospice, including medications, medical supplies and equipment. If you do not have any insurance coverage, we will work with you and your family to ensure you get the services you need.
Medicare Hospice Benefit
The federal Medicare Hospice Benefit is covered under Medicare Part A. The Benefit covers virtually all aspects of hospice care with very little, if any, out-of-pocket expenses to the patient or family. Hospice by the Bay is fully certified by Medicare.
Medicare covers these hospice services:
- Hospice physician services
- Nursing care
- Medical equipment (including hospital beds, wheelchairs and walkers)
- Medical supplies (including oxygen, bandages or catheters)
- Drugs for managing symptoms and controlling pain
- Home health aide services
- Social workers
- Dietary counseling
- Grief support for patients and families
Download the Medicare Hospice Benefits Brochure