What is hospice? Hospice is specialized end-of-life care that attends to patients’ needs in order to enhance their quality of life.
Care is provided by a team of health professionals, skilled in pain and symptom management, providing comfort and care to patients and their entire family.
Hear first hand what makes Hospice by the Bay so special
Video: HBTB’s Exceptional Care Video
YOU HAVE A CHOICE!
Here’s why you should choose Hospice by the Bay as your hospice provider.
- As the second hospice founded in the country, we are the most experienced hospice provider in the Bay Area. We have long-standing relationships with many physicians, pharmacists, hospitals, nursing homes, home health care agencies, and medical equipment companies
- We are a non-profit hospice. Some hospice providers are for-profit. We re-invest our resources in additional services such as grief support programs and pediatric hospice care.
- Each patient’s situation is unique. We tailor our care to the individual needs of each patient and family – 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
- We have full-time hospice physicians on staff to oversee the care of all of our patients.
- Hospice by the Bay is certified by CHAP – Community Health Accreditation Program. We request this outside rigorous evaluation so we can always provide the best care while being in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
- You can call Hospice by the Bay anytime for your own peace of mind. We appreciate your curiosity and know it is better to educate yourself about hospice care before you really need it. We are happy to answer your questions.
Still have questions about starting the conversation or advance directives? We are here to help. Contact us any time – click here for our service areas.