Hospice by the Bay's non-profit mission is to provide you and loved ones with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual support during a difficult time.
My father passed last year. Having Hospice by the Bay there to help us was truly a blessing and made a very difficult situation more manageable. The hospice people were compassionate and helpful. We could not have hoped for more and we are eternally grateful for their assistance in our hours of greatest need. ~ Andy
There are many aspects to the care we provide, and we have organized these resource pages to streamline information for you:
- Hospice Care – Hospice is specialized end-of-life care that attends to patient’s needs in order to enhance their quality of life.
- Care Team – Our team approach to hospice care provides support for the patient, family members and caregivers to maximize quality of life.
- Pediatric Care – When a child is diagnosed with a chronic, serious or life-threatening illness, we are here to support the entire family.
- Caregiver Support – You are not alone. Family caregivers are at the heart of our care.
- Grief Support – Our grief counselors offer comfort and support to families, caregivers and community members.
- Palliative Care – Palliative care is for anyone with a serious illness.
Hospice by the Bay was founded by volunteers in 1975, the first hospice in California and the second in the U.S.