This year’s Camp Erin retreat will be held Friday–Sunday, August 11–13. Children and teenagers can be deeply affected by the loss of someone close to them. However, they grieve differently than adults and need specialized support and care.
Camp Erin: FREE Annual Youth Grief Weekend
Application for 2017 Available Now — Due June 23, 2017
Our annual youth grief support weekend, Camp Erin® Oakland/Bay Area, helps campers ages 6–17 express grief, build trust and self-esteem, and learn to cope with their loss through therapeutic activities, traditional camp fun and relaxation in the beautiful Sonoma County redwoods.
Camp Erin 2017
This year’s Camp Erin retreat will be held Friday–Sunday, August 11–13, 2017.
Hosted by the nonprofit Hospice by the Bay with partial funding from the Moyer Foundation, there is no charge for this healing weekend retreat. Transportation to and from camp, meals, snacks and activities are all included.
In addition to support groups and healing rituals, campers can enjoy swimming, hiking, games, sports, campfires and crafts. Parents join campers for short activities at drop-off and pick-up.
Camp Erin Videos
- Watch the 2017 Camp Erin Video
- Watch the 2016 Camp Erin Video
- Watch the 2015 Camp Erin Video
- Watch the 2014 Camp Erin Video
For details, click here for a downloadable 2017 Camp Erin Brochure.
Apply for Camp Erin
- Either print a copy or save the application to your computer for future access.
- Return the completed application via mail or fax to the number indicated on the form.
- We do not recommend that you send your application as an email attachment.
For more information, email CampErin@hbtb.org or call (415) 230.6310. Se habla español.
Read our booklet about how adults can help grieving children.
Volunteer at Camp Erin
Thank you for your interest – applications for both new and returning camp volunteers available below for this year’s camp.
- Volunteer Position Descriptions
- New Volunteer Camp Staff Application
- Returning Volunteer Camp Staff Application
Call Cheryl Wilkins at (415) 927.2273 for more information or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.